Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ri is here ...

He was born on March 20 2007 at 11:24pm after 19 hours of labor and I did not have a chance for the epidural... will post his birth story later on.
Birth weight ~ 1960 grams (4lbs 5.1oz)
Length ~ 41.5cm (16.5inc)

Just got home but as I popped in to see Ri before I left I was informed he was being flown out to Regina because of NICU/SCN is too full here and he is the best candidate (meaning most healthy preemie to handle the move) He is going tonight I am trying to get a flight out and my mum is coming with me, DH is staying home with Lil O.

I cried when they told me but I understand why they choose him.

Thanks for the posts and well wishes, I will post more when I can.


*UPDATE*

The Hospital called said they could not send him tonight he will be going to Regina tomorrow, good thing I did not book the flight yet. Regina is an 8hr drive if we drove but since they will pay for to air fares that is the route we are taking and the pay for the hotel, some food and the cab fair to and from the hospital.

If they get room here they said they would try to get him back but they also sent out 3 other babies today otherwise he is there till he is ready for home we could be there a couple of weeks.


Almost 1 day old
Lil O meeting his little brother




More photos on his site (link on the right ----> )

5 comments:

Lynanne said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that he's being sent to another hospital. How far do you have to travel? I'll continue to send lots of positive thoughts your way so that he can go home quickly.

I can't wait to read your birth story (and see pictures!) I'm so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yvette! Firstly congratulations on little Rilon! I just heard the good news today! I am sending out many prayers and well-wishes for Rilon to get well and strong so he can go home to his family! I can imagine that Orion is so excited to meet his new brother. Be well Yvette and bless you and your beautiful family.

Tricia

joker the lurcher said...

very best wishes to you all! i hope you have him home with you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! Hope he can stay and not get moved, otherwise hope all goes well with that.
We are sending you our thoughts and prayers and we know he will do well, he looks like a toughie!
Love to all
Gisele

Stephanie said...

Yeah! What a beautiful little boy! Hope all goes well for you all.