Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crochet Cozy Cover for Klean Kanteen..

I switched my son from plastic cups to the Klean Kanteen (stainless steel). I found that when I put a cold drink (water, juice) into it that it was pretty cold to hold in my hands let alone my sons so I came up with a crochet pattern and his hands are happy now.

Kanteen Cozy Cover (for 12oz kanteen)

12 oz Klean Kanteen Cover

Materials needed:
G/4.00mm hook
Bernat cotton yarn 4ply 50g
Elastic hair band.

Work in rounds.

RND 1 Ch5 join with slst to form a ring, ch3, 13 dc in ring join with slst to ch3 (13dc) ch3 turn

RND 2 dc in same st as ch3, 2 dc in each dc sp join with slst on top of ch3. ch2 turn (27dc)

RND 3 hdc in same st as ch2, hdc in each dc join with slst, ch2 turn (28 hdc)

RND 4 hdc in same st as ch2, hdc in each hdc join with slst ch2 turn (29 hdc)

RND 5 dc in next hdc sp skip next hdc sp *2dc in next hdc skip next hdc* repeat from * join with slst ch2 turn.
(NOTE: from here on you need to have 29dc/hdc/sc for each rnd to end, ch2 does not count as dc)

RND 6 dc in 1st dc *2dc in the middle of the 2dc skip next space* repeat join with slst ch 2 turn (29dc)

RND 7 dc in each space join with slst ch 2 turn (29dc)

RND 8-10 repeat RND 5, 6, 7 at end of rnd 7 ch2 turn (still should have 29dc)

RND 11 hdc in each dc join with slst ch2 turn (29hdc)

RND 12 With elastic hair band you are going to sc it into the pattern join with slst, cut and weave yarn in leave enough yarn to weave into pattern.

Should fit snugly on your 12oz Kanteen.

Pattern by Yvette
This is my pattern, please use for personal use only. Do not post to any website! You may make the item. But do not sell the pattern for any reason.

if you find a problem pls let me know. (This is the 1st pattern I have made myself). Would love to see finished products..

thanks

happy crocheting....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for this awesome pattern! I went to the store and got some cotton and I'm hoping to get started soon.
Melissa

Melissa said...

Done! It is just perfect and I had no problems with the directions. My little ones' cold, slippery hands thank you.

Yvette A said...

Happy to hear that.