Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vet update...

and so it is CANCER, Misty has cancer not even a dog can escape it, It is on her spine.

DH just spoke with the vet again and they told him she is in a lot of pain and so he (dh) made the decision to put her down does not want her to suffer anymore then she has to. They said they can do it tonight, off went dh to hold his girl one last time...EDIT**(The vet told dh that he was amazed that Misty was still able to stand and move around because her spinal cord was pretty much gone, she was a strong dog I will give her that)

Yeah Misty and I never really got a long well but I still did not want to see her suffer like she was.

Rest in peace Misty girl.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Yvette so sorry you are losing Misty this way. Hugs to all of you...

sara said...

I'm so sorry about Misty, animals are like losing a family member. Hugs..

Antigone said...

I had to euthanize my dog last February for similar reasons. It was heartbreaking to lose her but I knew it was the most humane path.

You're very strong to do the right thing.

tims_mom said...

I'm sorry to read about Misty....I remember vividly having to make that decision about our black lab....it's a toughie. (((((HUGS)))

Nancy-HS/former-palp