Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

My newest little man is here

At 7:30am I woke to a jump then felt some fluid flow. I got up to go to the washroom and I new it was different so to make sure I went a laid back down again to see what would happen. Then Lil O woke up and came into my room (he was telling about the firemen in his dream and they were putting the fire in our house, he keeps getting this confused and thinks they start the fires not put them out. but it sounded like a good dream) He then laid down and watched some TV with me and that is when more fluid came I got up and rushed to the bathroom, sure enough it was my water that broke it was clear fluid. I sent Lil O down to get dh and to say that momma said to get you and her water broke...but what he said to dh was daddy momma wants you her water book.

DH figured out what Lil O was saying and came upstairs and that is when Ri woke. I started to get my bag ready find clothes to wear and get things organized. Dh phoned my mum and B since they were out at the campsite then he called my sis H she was suppose to come watch the boys but she was already at work so dh called my other sis J she then called my niece at her school to have her pulled out of class and to come watch the boys. ( she thought she was in trouble when the Principal came to get her)

We arrived at the Hospital around 10:30am and I was having contractions at this time. They got me into a room Dr's came in to make sure it was my waters sure enough it was. Then they said so I guess were going to keep you here, they then went on about having a 35weeker and they also sent in the NICU Dr to go over it all with my. I smiled and said to the Dr I have been here twice before since my other two were born at 33wks, they said so you know the ropes. Dh then went to get something to eat and my mum stayed in the room with me.

Contraction were coming a bit harder and the nurse introduced me to the happy gas no morphine since it drove me nuts last time itchy like mad... happy gas it was for a short while till it was no more. Dh came back and I mentioned to him that when you hear me breathing hard to come rub my back (I did not want to be waving my arms all the time to get his He did good every time he heard me breathe hard and came running to rub or put pressure on my back. when they started to come closer and harder the nurse mention the epidural and I said sure yes yes. The guy came in pretty quick this time but I tell ya it seemed like forever for him to give it to me....I think that was the worst part of the whole laboring thing was getting the epidural because I had to sit and not move thru my contractions and hang on to dh (well squeeze him while the nurse stood behind him with her hand on his back so he would not fall
After that all was well I was able to get some rest....... not long after I felt pressure down below but thought nothing of it since it took my other to boys a while before I felt I needed to push. They were all making bets on when he would be born, I was so wrong Orson was pretty close. 

Felt the urge to push again and the nurse had to run and find a Dr 3 came in and 4 pushes later Silar was born. Healthy and screaming. Silar weighed in at 5lbs 12oz 18inches Sept 10 at 4:25pm he was perfect. 

Once again whisked away to SCN to make sure all is well with him. 

I had to wait awhile before seeing him again the Epidural this time was a real good dose my legs were al rubbery, when the nurse asked me to scoot up in the bed so she could change the pads when I tried I just about fell off the bed my legs did not do what I wanted them too...we had a good laugh. So she helped me scoot up. She later came to fell my legs and I still could not feel much and when I tried to put pressure the got all rubbery again and I jokingly said must of added something else to the I had some toast while we waited for the feeling to come back to my was almost an hr before I could stand up with assistance. 
I was wheeled in to see Si then she took me to my new room and helped me into bed (still could not stand on my own) the other nurse were giggling at me and commenting on the dose of the epi too. Finally a few hrs later I was able to stand on my own. 

Si only had to stay in the SCN for 3 days then he came home.

No comments: